Books

This year I wanted to read 30 books for the year. I know what you’re thinking, that’s easy, and I used to think so too. Before I started working, I was able to reach that goal in one season. This time around with three kids. It’s the hardest thing to do. With so many chores and responsibilities, it hard to just sit and read. When I do finally sit down and read it’s late and Im already sleepy.
This summer I have to visit the half-off off book store. I always leave from that place with at least 7 books. We don’t have a half off book store where we live. Closest one is Corpus Christi which is about 100 miles away, at least.
I recently finished all my books and In need of some books. I also use my kindle reader from Amazon. I love it, my husband purchased it for me last year and I am just in love with it. I would rather have an actual book but my kindle reader is for when Im low on my budget for books or I can only find the kindle reader edition of a book.
This is one of the books I recently read.
Let me just say, I had no idea that this book was going to be such a great book to read. This past year in my classroom, I had two students who were autistic and reading this book, Im very familiar with the traits and based on what I learned this year, I knew instantly that she was in fact autistic. The book paints a great picture of a woman who is clearly autistic and is trying to navigate through the world. It is a romantic book and there are many scenes with romance in them but this book just hit me because I wondered about my students that I had and the questions that thoughts that they may have had. It’s really remarkable. The book was just amazing. I encourage anyone to read this book and be taken to a wonderful story.

Comments

Hilary said…
Check your local library - mine has a small section of used books for sale and then once a month they have a huge "friends of the library" sale where they sell a room full of books for $.50-1.50 each.

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story

House work