DIY Chevron Canvas

I have been working on Megan's room for awhile. I'm not very good with designing so I result to pinterst to help me out. I mean they have a ton of good ideas but some of those things are not available to us because we don't have a ton of shopping stores near our town, such as Ikea. So I have to work with what is available.

I saw a 2 pins on Pinterest that I have been wanting to do for months.(I will link the pin at the end) I finally had some time to do some crafts this past weekend and with a little trial and error, I think the results were pretty good.
In the pin it looked pretty self explanatory. I thought it was going to be an easy DIY. The First link went HERE. I tried looking for how she did it but I could not find it. So it was up to me to make it.

What you will need:
1 canvas(on sale at Hobby Lobby,  2 for $7)
Some paint: I got pink and turquoise
Pencil
Glitter
Liquid glue
Chevron stencil(I google it, and traced the stencil out) LINK
Paint brushed(you will need 2)
 
What I did first was draw some chevrons on the canvas, I encourage you all to trace two at a time. I could not do so many of them because then it would start to go down the canvas. After I did a couple of them I painted the top turquoise. Left a space then put some glitter on the next chevron design.
 
Trick: To make the glitter look smooth, you need to squirt some glue in a bowl or plate and use one of the  brushes to "paint" it on the canvas. If you just squirt on the canvas it will come out bulky in some spots with glitter.
 
 
 
It was a pretty easy DIY except for the amount of time it took to do it and the stenciling on the chevrons. Other than that I thought it was a pretty easy crafts. I think I may do another one.
 
 
This was the ending product. I think for my first try it came our very well. It is now hanging in Megan's bedroom. I also bought a couple of other things for her room, to blend with the canvas.
Of course I still need more items to fill up her wall but its a start:)
 
 
This was the pin:
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story

House work