Graduation!

Last week on May 9th I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Education and it was one of the proudest days.

Let's back up just a little though and document how our trip was. We woke up on Thursday a little late needing to leave. For whatever reason we have been a little late to events. Usually we are way early for events but recently we have just been on time for most events now. Let's just blame it on having a baby shall we? Both of the babies didnt cause much trouble on our way over there, "Megan asked 3 times if we were there yet?" It was pretty funny.

So a couple of days before we booked a hotel room. Kingsville is a very small town in Texas and apparently there are not many hotels. So we were pretty much late on booking a room for all 4 of us. That being said when we arrived at our hotel it was a total flop. We hated the room. I mean we hated the room so much that we only stayed for one night when we booked it for two nights. First off, it smelled like smoke and lets just say that It was as if someone had died there. We even went to HEB to get a febreze spray. I may be going over board but it was so bad that my husband didn't even want to stay there, and that says a lot when he opts out of staying at a place that he paid for. We would have paid for another room but since it was a small town and many people were coming from out of town for graduation there were no available "nice" hotel rooms. Every where was booked! Room wise it sucked!

The day before graduation we went to the bookstore to buy souvenirs from the school. Let me just point out it was the first time I had ever been to the actual campus. See I went through a program where the professors went to us. We live about 2 hours away so we never had to go to the school to "attend" the school. So when I told the lady that I was lost and didn't know where the restrooms were, I told her that I had never been here. She looked at me like I was crazy. So I bought a sweater and a shirt that says Texas A&M-Kingsville. I was all smiles with my new clothes:)

That night we went to Corpus. It is only an hour away to get some dinner. My sister lives there and my dad was picking her up to go to my graduation the next day.  We met up and had dinner with them at TGI Fridays. I had fun with them and it was nice to being just us with our dad. That hardly ever happens, we are usually with our mom.


On Friday morning Jaime went to get some food from McDonalds and we didn't get ready till 11:00 am. My graduation was going to begin at 4:00 and we needed to be there by 3:00. My family needed seats and of course I needed to find out where I will be walking. We arrived at the school at about 2:30. I was dying just waiting for the graduation to begin. I was nervous and I was just hoping that I would not fall onstage. Thankfully, I didn't. This moment was one of the proudest moments of my life. I had finally accomplished my dream. I'm sure my parents were also very proud that I was the first in my family to receive a bachelors degree. I'm also thankful that my baby girl was there to see me graduate. She came and hugged me and said that she was proud of me so did my husband and it was the sweetest thing. Loved it!



After graduation we went looking for a restaurant. Of course the wait time was insane. Most places was up to 45 minutes of wait time. So we left home. It was only 2 hours away and we would eat there in our home town. We actually got home pretty fast. Thank god too, because there was a thunderstorm headed our way. So we beat the rain and we were able to eat out peacefully. Also, I got to sleep in my own bed and not in that crummy room they call a "hotel room". So that was great. The next day we stayed at home. We were all so tired.





Comments

Hilary said…
Congratulations!! I graduated on May 9th, too.... only, six years ago, lol. :-X

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story

House work