Books I've read so far

I have a huge pile of  books that I need to read but these are the ones that I have read so far. Some made me cry and others were just a great read.



Perfected- This book was sort of a bit of Sci-Fi. I was a bit frustrated with this book. Basically this book went back to the whole slavery issue. Only this time there was someone who was breading open as pets. Isn't it the weirdest thing? That's not the only issue I had with this book, they breded only woman or I should say young girls. Which I am really against and it kind of sounded a little sexist. I was a good read, but I just kind of hated some of the sexist thing.






Where she went- Was awesome! to say the least. The first book was great, the movie made a clearer picture of the book. I loved the movie!!  I started reading this book at 7:30 and I did not finish until 2 in the morning. This book made me cry and cheer on this couple to get back together. I was hoping that they would end up together. I hope that this book becomes a movie as well. It was amazing.




To all the boys I'v loved- I picked up this book because I loved the pretty cover of the book and because I thought it was so cute that the character wrote letters to her ex boyfriends. Read it is was a good read. The ending was not what I like but sometimes that happens.





Thousand pieces of you- This book I would classify as a Sci-fi book...or is the proper term syfy. lol I was hesitant on reading this book, only because I knew it was going got be a time traveling type book but after I started reading it, I realized it was more about traveling dimension that is is about time  traveling. There was lots of romance and action in this book. Read it, I know you will fall in love with it too.



Thirteen Reasons why- Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.

Oh my goodness was this a good book! I mean seriously it really is a great book. This book was about how bullying someone can really affects their lives. No matter how big or small the bully is it really does effect someone.

Eleanor and Park:Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love—and just how hard it pulled you under. 


Oh how I am in love with Park. Such a sweetheart. My heart hurt for Eleanor though. Read it! You will not be disappointed with this book. Actually, I am lying you might not like the end, like me. Don't like leaving endings as a surprise. We all kind of know what happened or I should say we can infer what happened in the end.




My life next door:
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself.

This book was actually pretty cute. I felt sorry for Samantha. I think she wishes she had different family. Who would blame her, I would too. Read the book, it's a good read.




The book I am currently reading is:


A mysterious island.


 
An abandoned orphanage.


 
A strange collection of very curious photographs.


 
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive. 

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.


This book is taking a while for me to finish. Mostly because the only time I have to read is at night and this book is pretty scary to read at night. I am hoping tonight I can at least read three chapters. It is more of a young readers, I would say about middle school kids. 


Book I still have yet to read that are on the book shelf are:




Comments

Hilary said…
When do you find time to read? I'm struggling with that - I can't imagine if I had TWO kids, lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story

House work