Some books I have read so far

In case you were wondering where I find the next book to read, wonder no more. I find my next read on instagram #yabooks. I usually scroll through pictures of what other people are reading then I go on amazon and see if it is a book I would be interested in. I usually am interested in most YA Reads. I think the only ones Im not that excited for are the fantasy ones that have to do with werewolves and other super natural beings. I think I'ver read one series on those type of book and I think it was enough. I usually read syfy, dystiopia, and romantic ya books.

I cannot get into the more adult books. I wish I could, it's just not something I like to read. In about two week we got to Corpus Christi where the nearest half off book store is and I'm so looking forward for that. I'm looking forward to see my sister graduate too of course.



The slammed series


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.


These books were top 5 of my all time favorite reads.Well, maybe I should say that the whole series was my top 5 favorite series books. I read the first book in 4 hours I mean I could not stop turning the page. Thankfully this was on a Friday and I didn't have to wake up early in the morning. By the time I was finished with the book I went on Amazon and I ordered the next one. I wanted to know what happened next so badly, I went back and forth as to if I should just buy it on my kindle even thoughtI had already bought the paperback. Yes, that's how badly I needed to read the second book. Read this book, You will not regret it one bit.



Red Queen

Graceling meets The Selection in debut novelist Victoria Aveyard's sweeping tale of seventeen-year-old Mare, a common girl whose once-latent magical power draws her into the dangerous intrigue of the king's palace. Will her power save her or condemn her?
Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood—those with common, Red blood serve the Silver- blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. Before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own.
To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks everything and uses her new position to help the Scarlet Guard—a growing Red rebellion—even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction. One wrong move can lead to her death, but in the dangerous game she plays, the only certainty is betrayal.

I saw that many people were reading this book so I decided to buy the book. Once I got through the first 4 pages I was hooked and could not wait till I read it again. With kids, reading is not something you can do often. So I would read it during my lunch break, at night, and nap time. Hey when your a mom and love to read you will find time. Back to the book, I have to say that this book really surprised me. I didn't think I was going to like it but it somehow reminded me of the selection just like it said it would. It really was amazing. I had to read some parts out loud though because It was hard to picture in my head but in all. I think this was a fascinating book to read.

I don't know about the title though. It could be giving something away with the coming books and I don't think I enjoy that.


Book I am currently reading:





The art of love is never a science: Meet Don Tillman, a brilliant yet socially inept professor of genetics, who’s decided it’s time he found a wife. In the orderly, evidence-based manner with which Don approaches all things, he designs the Wife Project to find his perfect partner: a sixteen-page, scientifically valid survey to filter out the drinkers, the smokers, the late arrivers. 

Rosie Jarman possesses all these qualities. Don easily disqualifies her as a candidate for The Wife Project (even if she is “quite intelligent for a barmaid”). But Don is intrigued by Rosie’s own quest to identify her biological father. When an unlikely relationship develops as they collaborate on The Father Project, Don is forced to confront the spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie―and the realization that, despite your best scientific efforts, you don’t find love, it finds you.


I have to admit I have not totally fallen in love with this book. I think this is one of those adult books, but people were reading this book so I jumped on the bandwagon. Im only on page 7 so I have not read much of it. It's interesting but we will see how good it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story

House work