House work

So today I was reading a blog chrislovesjulia.com , and she posted a post about naming your house. Which I thought that was interesting. In our last home we actually called it The White House. Pretty sure Megan named it that. It had huge front windows and of course it was White. The name suited and it really stuck.
It doesn't look like much but it was such a nice house. Cold in the winters but it was a nice home for the kids and our little puppy at the time. I think we lived here back in 2014, I could be wrong.

In our current home we have decided to fix it up, and sell. We are 4 years into this house and we quickly realized soon after buying that it was too big for us. Sure our family was growing at the time but it's still too big for us. You will probably need a maid, which we don't have. 

Recently,we bought some property out in the country on a 1.5 piece of land.
The area is pretty special to me, many of my family members lived near the property, not to mention my grandparents, so it's just a special place to live. However, we need to fix up this house and sell. 
We are super nervous to sell, only because we don't know if anyone will actually like this house.What if no one wants the house? It's a scary thing.

So some of the updates we have done, is our kitchen.


The cabinets were a gross brown, I'm sure you can remember when we first moved in, I talked about how I did not like the color from the beginning.

I love the white, however, I don't think I will be getting white cabinets for our new house only because they get dirty fast and again we don't have a maid. I am the maid and I am too tired at the end of the day to clean those cabinets every other day.


We completely tiled the first floor.

We also redid the stairs.


It was covered in carpet before, and this looks much cleaner. This project took us about 2 weeks to finish. We go a little slow due to work, life and kids. We are very much not your average DIYers.


We also did a Board and Batten upstairs in the Master bedroom.  Took us about three weeks to finish this one. It was really hard to see our work with our old bed frame but with this bed frame you can finally see the board and batten.




We have also put some cabinet knobs recently which we are still working on. Jaime has been working a lot and I have been working on painting the trim upstairs so it's been on the back of our minds. Eventually, it will get done.

Our most recent renovation was to put some laminate floors on the second floor.This is what it currently looks like right now. Jaime is loving it, not the work, but he is loving how it is looking.

The idea for the second floor is that the hallway and the 2 baths have the laminate tile.  The bedrooms will have the carpet. We figured people might like the carpet in their bedrooms.

So that's all of the big changes. The rooms have all been painted to a neutral color, and we have already take out many of our furniture out of the house. Less things to move when we do get an offer. There is also a chance where we might just rent our home but I don't think that is going to happen but it is on the table.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

Our Love story