100 Books (41-50)- Might be a long post

This past January I made a reading goal of 100 books to read for 2013. I love to read and I can never have enough with just one book. I don't know if I will be reaching my goal this year because of my senior year of college, but I'm having an awesome time reading these amazing books. Well, I would say most are amazing, and some of them are just ok. If I think a book is just o.k I will let you know. If I think it's awesome, then you should get it. Most books I get for free from my public library. I either get them from their eBook database or I check out the books. I sometimes buy books from amazon but only if it is not regular price. I have noticed that when you buy a book from target it's probably regular priced or 30% off and sometimes when you compare those prices to Amazon, it's much cheaper to buy from amazon, but sometimes it's not always the case. Just search around for better deals.

Other post on books










(I will be adding more to the list)


(Original post)
Im sure ya'll are wondering how the heck does she have the time to read all these books? Well first, my semester has ended and Jaime is out for vacation so I have a ton of time to read. I should be studying for my state test which I think I should do that tomorrow, but when you read a good book, I mean I just have that urge to finish it. I have came across books that I'm uninterested and stopped reading them. Next week I have a state practice test so I really should study. Eeek!



From Amazon: Chosen at nightfall
When Kylie Galen entered Shadow Falls Camp, she left her old life behind forever and discovered a world more magical than she ever imagined. A place where you’re two best friends can be a witch and a vampire…and where love doesn’t happen the way you’d expect.
When Kylie’s most powerful enemy returns to destroy her once and for all, there’s only one way to stop him—to step into her full powers and make a stunning transformation that will amaze everyone around her.  But her journey won’t be complete until she makes one final choice…which guy to love.  Should she choose to the werewolf who broke her heart but will give anything to win her back, or the half-fae who ran from their attraction before they had a chance?  Everything she’s learned at Shadow Falls has been preparing her for this moment—when her fate will be revealed and her heart claimed forever.

(Summing up all three)
I have told ya'll before about this series and it was pretty good. I think the ending felt a little too rushed but I loved the romantic part to the book. I loved the last book. The story was a kind of stretched and I kind of understand why, but 5 books is a lot to stretch in a story. All in all, it was a really good series. Read it if you like supernatural stories.





 From Amazon: The Death Cure
Thomas knows that WICKED can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. To complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what WICKED says.


The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.

The death cure was the last book of the Maze Runner Triology and I have to stay that It was not at all what I expected, in a good and bad way. I dont want to give in too much about why I feel that way because I would definitely spoil it for ya'll. I think this is just one of those books that you would need to read for yourself. I have to admit though it was FULL of action! I mean I was so scared in some scenes. I loved the book but the I guess I can say that I expected more. Maybe I expected more because the title was called "The Death Cure".





From Amazon: Dreaming of Mr.Darcy

Fledging illustrator and Darcy fanatic Kay Ashton settles in the seaside town of Lyme to finish her book, The Illustrated Darcy, when a film company arrives to make a new adaptation of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Kay is soon falling for the handsome bad boy actor playing Captain Wentworth, but it's the quiet screenwriter Adam Craig who has more in common with her beloved Mr. Darcy. Though still healing from a broken heart, Adam finds himself unexpectedly in love with Kay. But it will take more than good intentions to convince her that her real happy ending is with him.

I honestly felt sorry for this character,Kay. She just seemed so sad and was very gullible. The story was o.k  but I just had a problem with the girl. I thought it would be better considering it said the name Mr. Darcy in the title. I would give it two stars.





From Amazon: Breathless

 Bad boy professional Motocross rider, Jesse Morrison, knows how to leave an impression. Except lately, it has mostly been bad impressions. Frustrated and wounded, he surrounds himself with women, booze and drugs. After getting kicked out of his brother's house, he relocates to California for the summer to crash at his uncle's place.

In Santa Monica, Jesse meets the one woman who can lead him back on the right path, beautiful twenty-two year old, Niki Milani. Only one problem; she is not interested. Niki has her own demons to fight. A past that left her emotionally abandoned by her own blood, her father. She keeps her heart guarded and finds it difficult to trust a man again. Especially not a bad boy player who is more messed up than she. However, Jesse never backs down from a challenge. Armed with a sizzling attraction, he is determined to prove to Niki that there is more to him than what appears on the surface. That he is the one who can heal her heart.


I would say this book was pretty erotic on Jesse Morrison's part. I have to say I didn't really like this book. I disliked the voice he had. What?! yes, his voice. He said he was from New Jersey, and all I could hear is the accent that he had and it just annoyed me. I feel bad saying that buy oh my god that's all I could hear. I liked the character he became at the end of the book but I still felt that something was missing. There is a second part to the book but I don't think I will be reading it.



From Amazon: Dare you to
 If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does….

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock—with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams—and his life—for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all….

This book reminded me so much of  'The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden'. She comes from a bad family and has to learn how to trust others as hard as it is, she tries. I really enjoyed the story. I really liked Ryan's character. He was a jock but a true gentlemen. I dont know about you all but the jocks I dated in high school were anything but gentlemen.Blak!!! I would give this story four stars!




From Amazon: Baby and Bump 
At thirty years old, caterer Lexie Baump has a lot on her plate. With a business to run, she doesn’t have time for any added distractions. But one momentary indiscretion adds a little hiccup to Lexie’s plans. She’s pregnant. With no relationship prospects.

But if Lexie thought fighting morning sickness while running a catering business was hard, enter Dr. Fletcher Haybee. Their connection is instant, and their love of vintage rock tee shirts and Elvis music is enough to bond them for life. There are just two minor problems.

One: he’s dating her oversexed best friend. Two: he’s also her obstetrician.

With events to cater, awkward OB appointments to endure, and her ever-growing baby bump making it impossible to close her jeans, Lexie has to find a way to curb her undeniable attraction toward Fletcher and focus on her new role as a working mother. But it certainly isn’t easy when its clear Fletcher himself feels the same magnetic pull toward Lexie.

Can Lexie leave the gorgeous Fletcher for her best friend to chew up and spit out, or will she cave to her feelings and find love in the stirrups? Life is about to get messy, and we're not just talking about crumbs in the car seat...

I thought this book was really sweet. I have to say I did enjoy this book. Mostly because I am eager to have our second baby. This book had some pretty funny moments especially when she meets Dr.Fletcher for the first time. I never had a male doctor but I want to say that I would probably feel the same way as Lexie did if a very good looking doctor came into the room to check my very private area. There was one thing I didnt like about this book and it had to do with the "bestfriend/business partner". I don't want to give too much away so just read it. Its cute and I had a few Laugh out loud moments.



Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.


I loved this book. It made me cry so much...and I really did hurt for her.I mean I don't like books that having anything cancer in them because it bring me down but this book was just something else. I just had this weird/good feeling towards the characters. Read it! You will love it. 

On a totally other note. I totally dislike the person that is playing Hazel in the movie. I just didn't picture her like that at all.



From Amazon: The Rake's Redemption

 Even infamous duelist and poet Vaughn Everard has qualms about dragging an innocent lady into his quest for revenge. But Imogene Devary is the daughter of the man suspected of murdering Vaughn's uncle. Surely that makes her fair game in order to uncover the truth!

Can the man who writes such moving verse be beyond redemption? Imogene can't believe so. In taming Vaughn's heart and healing the rift between their families, she's sure she's found her calling. Then his mission to unmask a killer reveals a terrifying plot. Only together can they safeguard his legacy, their newfound love…and England's very future.


I have to say this book really intrigued me. I thought it wasn't going to be that great but It kind of was. The suspense was rather good. The mystery of her father's doing was interesting. I wish there was more romance but there wasn't. Then again that was not how they did things back then. I would say it was just pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some very very good news!

House work

House: Summer list